According to Wikipedia (always factual) São Paulo has 6,467 buildings, it is considered to have the 3rd-greatest concentration of buildings in the world, behind only New York City and Hong Kong. Even if those exact statistics are wrong, there are a lot of really tall buildings! There is no real downtown area but rather there are clumps of skyscrapers all over.
There is a place called Pico do Jaragua just a little bit north of the city where you can hike or drive up to the top of a mountain and overlook the city. I wanted to see the city I live in from a better view to gain perspective. Well, I could not see the whole thing and its enormity is overwhelming! It was pretty amazing to see and realize that the horizon hinders me from being able to view the entire city. Pictures cannot really capture it, but I will post them anyway to give you an idea.
While hiking up the mountain we saw a little monkey.
It was a very beautiful hike.
Here are Katie and I at the top. We went with her mom as well.
Here are two videos of the view.
No comments:
Post a Comment