Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Wow, so much to write!  I noticed that I haven't posted in a while...well, it hasn't  been because I lack things to share.  We've been so busy I feel like I could make a post each day.

Later I will catch you up on some December posts, but for now I will share something from my devotions this morning as I reflected on a new year.  My Aunt Sharon recommended a book called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  I was reading that a little last year and then I came here to Brazil and got involved in a Bible Study.  My dear friend Jeane Porter recommended it to me again about a month ago so I have been reading it more lately.  It has been very meaningful to me.  

Sarah writes, "Do not cling to your old ways as you step into a new year.  Instead seek My Face with an open mind, knowing that your journey with Me involves being transformed by the renewing of your mind."  

In Romans 12:1,2 Paul writes, "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God.  This is your spiritual act of worship.  Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is, His good, pleasing and perfect will."
That helped me with my New Year's Resolution.  God please renew my mind!

Happy 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment