Saturday, January 18, 2014

New Year's 2014

New Year's in a different country is always memorable.  This year I was able to attend an English church service last minute.  It ended up being a wonderful opportunity to reflect, and I am so thankful for the family who gave me a ride at the last minute!  Members of the church each read a chapter of Revelation and by the time the service was over they had read through the entire book!  Three to four chapters would be read at a time and then we would all sing a song or two.  It was amazing to reflect on the last book of the Bible, which is about end times, at the end of the year!  
After that I went over to another families house for tacos.  Just that day I saw a picture of my friend eatting tacos on Facebook and I thought about how good that looked.  Once and a while I will have a taco here, but it isn't too common.  Anyway, that was a real treat.  From there I went with another one of my student's family's to a club nearby where they are members. Another family joined us and we had a great time bringing in the New Year!  

It is difficult to tell from this picture, but it's a soccer field filled with fireworks!  

The entrance to the club is lined with stately palm trees lit up.  It is just beautiful!

Some fireworks 

A few members of our group after the fireworks



No comments:

Post a Comment