Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Daily Life

I often visit the market for produce and eggs.  Last year I wrote about the cashew.  Here is the fruit with the poison nut case!

Selecting oranges at the feita (market)

I was able to visit the Museu do Futebol (Soccer Museum) here in Brazil 

Bathroom at the park- I thought it was interesting that they poked a hole in the top of a juice bottle to use as a soap dispenser!

Last year Sofia was in my class and on Sunday I was able to go to their home after church for lunch and a wonderful relaxing afternoon.

Sofia and her sister Eva who is now in Kindergarten


September 7th is Brazil´s independence day.  Here we are at school raising the US and Brazilian flags.  

A couple of 1st grade quotes:

"God promised to make Abraham a motion" (nation)

At the beginning of our Bible lesson I pretended to be sleepy because "I had bad dreams all night" (story of Pharaoh and Joseph interpreting his dreams). One of my little girls screams, "Ms. Sattler, you CAN'T be sleepy!! (She grabbed a Bible from the shelf and started shaking it.) You have to teach us about the BIBLE!!

Show and Tell: "Today I made a dinosaur out of snakes.  (thinks for a second)  A SNAKEASAURUS!" (just in case you wonder what that is note the photo below)



No comments:

Post a Comment