Sunday, May 18, 2014

30

Well, I have entered into a new decade down here in Brazil.  Does that mean I am still 29 in Michigan?

 Brenda planned some fun events for my birthday.  The weekend before we went up north to a little mountain town where we went to a beautiful state park.  It is cooler up there in the mountains and they had some Canadian Maple Trees imported, since it is fall here some of them were turning colors.  It was very beautiful.  I have never seen bright red trees around my birthday before!  Usually I see lots of beautiful flowers coming out.  It was really nice, especially since I didn´t get to experience fall this past year.  There is a restaurant called the Crocodile that has wonderful fondue, and Saturday night we had dinner there.  It was so delicious!  There are also cute shops in this touristy town.

Outside the restaurant

Elizabeth reading her book in the park

The little boy I tutor after school brought me a delicious cake/frosting in a jar called Chocolate Lover´s Cupcake.  It was so yummy!!  

My students left me messages on the board the day of my birthday

The roommom´s made a HUGE chocolate brigadeiro cake!

On the evening of my actual birthday we all brought things for tacos and I made a cookie-dough cake.  




My friend´s little boy was our source of entertainment

 My friend Elizabeth grew up in China and brought this really fun flower candle that opens up and is supposed to play "Happy Birthday", but the song part didn´t work.  It was a pretty amazing candle!


No comments:

Post a Comment