I have been thinking lately that I write a lot of updates that revolve around activities. When I "read" other people's blogs I mostly just look at the pictures and sometimes the captions. I don't really like reading paragraphs and paragraphs of text. Therefore, I tend to structure my blog in that way. However, today I want to write how God has blessed me just this afternoon. God works things out over and over again and many times I have no idea how everything will work out until the last minute, but without fail everything comes together!
In my Bible Study we are studying Matthew. When I did this study several years ago I remember that the main point I took away was DO NOT WORRY. Living here really helps me work on that because there are MANY things I cannot do on my own...things that I have been able to do for a long time, like read my mail or schedule a Dr. appointment. I have to depend on others to help me daily with the basics of life, and therefore I have to trust God to put those people in my life and trust that He will take care of me. Here are just a couple of examples from this afternoon of what I have found to be fairly common lately!
I needed to get to physical therapy today right after school. Fortunately another teacher needed to go as well so she was going to help me figure out what bus to take (blessing number one!). It was raining so we weren't looking forward to walking to and from the bus stop, and the rain also makes the traffic worse, but like I said I was just happy to have someone show me the way. Well, we met outside my classroom right after school and the mom of one of my students said, "I know you have P.T. today. I can take you." Actually I have no idea what she said because it was in Portuguese, but my friend who was also going speaks both languages and so we got a ride to therapy. THEN this mom went with her boys to the supermarket and waited for our appointments to be done (almost 2 hours) and then drove us home! It is considered close, but takes maybe 30-45 min. in the afternoon during rush hour. Wow!!! That was such a blessing.
Then I got home and I really needed to get some fruit. I have P.T. everyday normally I don't get home until after dark. Its not safe to go out by myself then so I haven't been able to get to the store. Tonight I decided to start walking because I got home a little earlier , but when I went out in the street there was a man going through the garbage and he kept looking at me. He walked off with a large black bag of garbage like Santa Clause and then started picking through another trash bin. He kept looking over his shoulder at me and I felt uncomfortable so I went back to school and decided to leave through the other gate. Well, when I went out on that road he was talking to someone on the pay phone and again kept staring! Ugh, forget it I thought and headed home. I figured a few oranges and bananas weren't worth it. I got home and 4 teachers were heading to a men's Bible Study so they were able to drop me off at the store! They joked that I was trying to get away from one man and then jumped in a tiny car with 4 others. :)
Traffic coming home from P.T. Notice all the lights are green, and almost all the brake lights are on. :) For some reason everyone seemed to be on their horns. Typically the traffic is bad, but everyone expects it. However, for some reason tons of cars just laid on the horns this time.
On another note today was Twin Day...what a bunch of cuties!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment