Saturday, September 21, 2013

Getting a lesson from my student!

Today marks 2 months since my arrival!

Last weekend I had the opportunity to spend some time with a student and his family.  On Saturday they took me to an aquarium and I had dinner at their house.  Claudia, the mother is a wonderful cook!  Her sister also lives with the family so I was able to meet her too.  
This family also had me over for dinner on Wednesday night and my student gave me some Portuguese lessons.  He would read a page of a book to me and I had to try and read it back to him.  It was fun as he played teacher and tried to fix my mispronunciations!  He told me he is going to give me a Bible Verse and spelling words to memorize in Portuguese!  Yikes, I better work hard!!





Before dinner the boys washed their hands and I thought their sink was so neat, so I took a picture.

Sunday night I went to their church and they had me share the story of how God worked to bring me to Sao Paulo.  The father translated for me.  The father is in charge of the mission and evangelism department of the church so he was preaching that night.  He was a professional Division 1 soccer player here in Brazil and he also traveled to Europe and played there.  Now he is a full time missionary with Ambassadors.  


No comments:

Post a Comment