Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Avoiding the Thesis

Tonight I decided I'm too tired to really do any quality thesis work...soooo how about another blog post? :D

We were practicing alphabetical order, so we got in order by first name.  I stepped out of line to take the picture. 

One of my studnents brought all the teachers chocolate!  The center of the rose was a chocolate and inside the box were several more chocolates...one great way to sweeten the teacher up! 

Last Friday we went to a Mexican restaurant for Josh's birthday.  I ordered by myself for the first time!  (Luckily "burrito" is "burrito" in Portuguese too!)





The other day I went for a run and came across a little fruit market/store I had not been to yet.  I decided to try a couple new fruits.  I'm not sure what this one is.  I didn't think to take a picture of it before I peeled it, but it was good so I'll have to see if I can find it again!

I also got a starfruit.  I have had this before, but I don't think I have ever bought one.  I wasn't sure how to eat it and since I actually knew what it was called I could look it up online!

Google search of course

Which took me to YouTube

...and yes I can eat the skin!  The seeds are slimy and crunchy as I was told from the youtube video...guess they knew what they were talking about!

Because we never know about traffic we allow extra time to get to BSF (Bible Study) on Monday nights.  So far the traffic has been great and we have gotten there early.  We came across Rua Michigan (Michigan Street), so Katie and I got a picture (notice our lovely maps...we are pointing to GR!).

Here are the other ladies who attend BSF with me.  From left to right: Katie's mom Kim, Elizabeth, (me), and Ji.  We all live in the same building on campus so it works out really well!



No comments:

Post a Comment