Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Campos

Each year many of the female teachers head up to Campos, a little European type town in the mountains just north of the city.  Because of everyone's busy schedule we didn't go until October.  

On the way there and home we stopped at this restaurant that means "milk in the middle of the road".  There was a pond out back and a couple of cows...there's breakfast. ;)




Here we are at the entrance to the town.  It has a Swiss feel to it.

In the afternoon we went to this kind of farm/nature area.  There were sheep some sheep (who left great quantities of "evidence" all around).


I decided to get a photo by the sheep.  


My friend said, go sit on the alligator and I'll take your picture.  Well...I sat on the snout, but evidently the alligator was not connected to the legs and I flipped off with my hand landing MILLIMETERS from a large pile of sheep poo!!!!!  The waiters in the restaurant behind had a great laugh...as did we (since I didn't actually touch any!)

 


We went on a little trail that had a waterfall.  It was really beautiful.  Tawni I thought of you!!


There was a restaurant area that kind of reminded me a little of a ski lodge.  They had a player piano with a "wonderful pianist"!  



Here I am in our room that overlooks the mountains.  My friend suggested I close my eyes and she wanted to take my picture when she opened the window...Well, it was pretty hazy so I couldn't see much so I just pretended the view was amazing.  The next morning when we got up it actually was pretty amazing!

The man who owns the little Inn we stayed at has a house down the mountain a bit and we could see it out our window.

We went to a fondue restaurant for dinner...sooo delicious!




It was called the Crocodile Restaurant, and outback there was this huge crocodile you could go down.  It reminded me of Aladdin.  I went down with a couple other girls and it was actually kind of scary!  You could not see the bottom and it got skinny so you couldn't stand up.  We were holding onto this bar over our heads and kind of shimmying down the stairs until we came out of the tail!


Then we did some shopping at night.


 Breakfast the next morning at the Inn.


In the afternoon 3 of us went horseback riding.  This little man has lived here his whole life and has been doing the same job for about 56 years.  

The view was wonderful.
 
This horse kept turning his head all the way around and "nibbling" on my pants!  He was a teenage horse...crazy teenagers!! ;)  (14 years old)
 

A stop on the way home.  I think it was called a Chinese Lookout Point or something like that. 













2 comments:

  1. I love waterfalls! And fondue! And inns in the country! This sounds like a place for me! ;)
    Sounds like you ladies had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! I was thinking of taking you here!

    ReplyDelete