Monday, May 27, 2013

Friends and Family

This is a letter I created for friends and family that is a shorter version of my previous post!


Dear Friends and Family,                                                                                                    May 2013

            It is with great joy, thankfulness, and amazement that I write this letter.  For the past few years I have felt God calling me to teach overseas again.  However, each path I attempted to walk ended without leaving Grand Rapids.  This past summer while hiking a mountain He introduced me to Brenda, a teacher at Pan American Christian Academy (PACA) in São Paulo, Brazil.  She stopped me on the mountain because I was wearing a t-shirt that said “Brazil” on it and we started talking.  God used this mountaintop experience to begin leading me down a path demonstrating His glory and power.  I would love to share more of this journey with you, so please ask if you are interested! 

            This July I plan to leave for two years to teach 1st grade at PACA.  Would you consider praying with me?

Praise:
·         God opened up a 1st grade teaching position in Brazil. (I currently teach 1st grade.)
·         God blessed me with amazing renters to live in my condo for the next two years.
·         God is guiding me through the VISA process.
·         My current school has been very supportive of my decision.

Prayer:
·         Continued timeliness of VISA paperwork
·         Outfit and passage support: $1,500- FULFILLED!!!
·         Monthly support: $1000 a month

Giving Financially:
If you wish to give online with a credit or debit card: https://www.wepay.com/donations/support-a-faculty-or-staff-member
If you prefer to give by check please complete the attached form and mail with your check or download it at: http://www.pacalumnifoundation.org/uploads/1/1/8/0/11808026/giving_by_mail_form.pdf

Other ways you can help:
I am looking for plastic storage containers with lids to keep my things in while gone.
Would you consider storing a couple of boxes in your home/basement?  This will keep my storage costs down. 

Thank you so much for your prayer, interest, and support.  I would be honored to tell you more about how God has been working in mind-boggling ways.

Sincerely,


Marybeth Sattler

No comments:

Post a Comment